Research at the Charité Center for Global Health
The Charité Center for Global Health bundles the diverse global health research activities of Charité.
You are here:
Infection Research at the Institutes of Virology and International Health
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought home to us the devastating impact of a new, rapidly spreading infectious disease on global health and posed major challenges to national health systems. But even as SARS-CoV-2 slowly evolves into an endemic virus in many parts of the world, we will continue to face long-standing, emerging, and reemerging infectious disease threats.
Under the umbrella of the Charité Center for Global Health, the Institute of Virology and the Institute of International Health at Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, together with their interdisciplinary and international partners, are contributing to research on prevention, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and surveillance of infectious diseases.
- Climate Change and Health Climate change and Respiratory Disease
- Urbanization and Mental Health Social stress and mental health of urban populations
- Arbovirus Research Research projects in Africa and Central America
- Global Mental Health CCM Research on mental health and illness determinants, disparities and mental health service delivery worldwide
- Epidemiology Research on renal, neuro and cardiovascular epidemiology
- Malaria and Infection Epidemiology Clinical-epidemiological studies in Africa and Asia
- Global Mental Health CBF Interdisciplinary, intercultural research on psychiatric diseases